Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

Lions

Amazing Lions

Hi this week I did an assignment on how a Lion stalks it's prey:

A Lion Hunting 
The grass sways from side to side in the wind as a lion stalks its prey. It waits until it gets close. Then, suddenly it starts running out of nowhere and pounces on its prey killing it with one blow.The smell of blood filling the air. A scream and then silence.



When I was writing this I used the five senses - smell, sight, taste, touch, hearing to make it what it would be like to be there when a Lion was hunting it's prey. How do you think a lion would stalk it's prey?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Eddie, to engage an audience, an author will sometimes use the senses to build emotion to hook the reader in. Your writing has helped me experience this setting and what it must feel like from the lion's view. I wonder how you could write it from the perspective of the prey that has been stalked? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.